A hoverboard is one of the hottest trends gaining massive popularity among teenagers and young. However, self-balancing scooters offer a precise battery limitation, so they require charging after each use. But, if you’re a new user and have no idea about how to charge a hoverboard, nothing to worry about.
Charging your hoverboard is pretty much like recharging your phone, laptop, and other electric items. Simply follow this article to know how to charge a hoverboard without causing any damage to the hoverboard battery and charger.
- How to Charge a Hoverboard?
- How Long Does It Take to Charge a Hoverboard?
- Can I Stop Charging the Battery before It Is Fully Charged?
- Tips to Make Your Hoverboard Battery Last Longer
How to Charge a Hoverboard?
Hoverboard comes in different types, sizes, features, and it’s available for people of almost all ages. And you’ll easily find hoverboard for big adults, teenagers, and even old people.
Although hoverboards can be found for people of different ages, many people find it difficult when it’s about maintenance. One of the common issues that most users face is the charging issue.
In that case, if you are also stuck with the same condition, then this section is for you. Here you’ll find the appropriate process to charge your hoverboard. Have a look:
Step-1: Switch off the Hoverboard
The very first thing you have to do is turn off the hoverboard when you’re about to plug in the charger. It’s safe, and turning off the self-balancing scooter while charging will also reduce the charging time. Press and hold the power button to switch off the hoverboard.
Step-2: Inspect the Charger
After switching off the hoverboard, the next thing you have to do is inspect the charger. Check the charger if there is any damage to the pin or cable. Most importantly, always use the manufacturer’s charger to keep the hoverboard in optimal condition.
Step-3: Plug the Charger into an Active Socket Outlet
In the third step, it’s time to plug the charger into an active socket outlet. After plugging in the charger, look at the charger adapter and see if the light indicator turns red or not. If the light indicator turns to red light, now you can proceed to the next step.
Step-4: Connect the Charger to the Hoverboard
Now connect the charger to the hoverboard and check the adapter’s indicator if it turns green or blue. If the adopter’s indicator turns green or blue, that means the hoverboard is charging properly.
How Long Does It Take to Charge a Hoverboard?
If you’re wondering how long it takes to charge a hoverboard, it actually depends on the model, size, and battery types. However, on average, most of the self-balancing scooter takes between 2-3 hours to get fully charged.
After purchasing this self-balancing scooter, you must charge it completely, which generally takes more than 2 or 3 hours. You need to follow the manufacturers guide in this case.
Charging time may vary depending on the hoverboard model, battery type, charger, and battery being used. If the hoverboard come with a lithium-ion battery, it will charge faster than other types of batteries.
Here we’ve included an estimated charging time duration of different quality batteries. Have a look:
- High-Quality Battery: If you purchase a hoverboard with a high-quality battery, it’ll take 1.5 – 2 hours to charge completely.
- Mid-Range Battery: On the other hand, when you use a hoverboard with a mid-range quality battery, it’ll take 2 to 3 hours to charge.
- Cheap Battery: And when you use a hoverboard with a cheaper quality battery system, it’ll take 4 to 6 hours to charge completely.
Note: We’ve tried to provide an estimated charging time throughout the above section, which can differ according to your hoverboard battery and usability. Always make sure you never overcharge the battery, as overcharging can significantly damage the battery and impact the hoverboard’s performance.
Can I Stop Charging the Battery before It Is Fully Charged?
Not only you, but many hoverboard riders want to know- do I need to fully charge the battery every time? Well, you don’t need to completely charge your hoverboard battery every time before jumping on the road.
However, every time riding the hoverboard with a half or less charge will decrease the battery’s lifespan. That is because constantly half charging your battery or draining the battery ultimately will weaken the battery’s internal cells, leading to many other damages.
So if you don’t want to lower your hoverboard battery’s ability, always try to charge the battery completely before riding.
Tips to Make Your Hoverboard Battery Last Longer
You have to charge your hoverboard regularly to keep the battery in optimal condition. Alongside charging the battery properly, there are many other steps you have to take to make the battery last longer. Here are some of the tips:
- Check Out the Battery: Check the battery level before jumping on the hoverboard. If the battery level is low, then simply charge it before riding it. And it’s always a good idea to charge the battery till you see a green light in the charger’s indicator.
- Maintain the Weight Limit: All hoverboards come with a specific weight limit, and you should respect the limitation. Overweight will put pressure on the battery, which will lead to more battery consumption and affect the lifespan.
- Charge Properly: Always use the recommended charger to charge your battery and always try to charge the battery completely. And don’t charge the hoverboard in any extreme weather condition. Most importantly, avoid charging overnight at any cost.
- Don’t Drain the Battery Completely: Completely draining the battery of any electronic device will significantly reduce battery life, and the same goes with hoverboard. Draining the battery completely will weaken the internal cells and reduce the battery’s lifespan.
- Ensure Proper Riding: To increase your hoverboard battery’s lifespan, always try to ensure proper riding. However, avoid riding your self-balancing scooter in extreme hot or cold conditions. Also, ride it in an open area that doesn’t require frequent brake.
Note: Although you can follow many other tips, the tips mentioned above will be good enough to make your hoverboard battery last longer.
What’s the final thought? A hoverboard is super fun for people of all ages, and it’s easy to ride and maintain properly. However, if you’re a new hoverboard user, you must ensure one crucial thing, which is recharging your hoverboard correctly.
Since hoverboard is an electric device and operates through a rechargeable battery, it’s essential to keep the battery in optimal condition. And to keep the battery optimally, you must know how to charge a hoverboard.
You also have to know things you need to avoid while charging and riding a hoverboard. In short, following and maintaining the above tips will help to keep the battery and your hoverboard at the top.